Emenalo opens up on Conte's future at Chelsea

Chelsea star midfielder reveals how he won Antonio Conte's trust

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has been fined 8,000 pounds ($11,000) following his sending-off during a match against Swansea City last month, the Football Association said on Wednesday.

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas admitted he was anxious about his future at the club before proving head coach Antonio Conte wrong last season.

Fabregas' impact on Chelsea's title winning campaign was crucial last season, and when you consider the fact he provided an awesome 12 assists in just 13 starts, it's easy to see how he won his manager around.

But Fabregas said he was concerned about his future at the club during the start of 2016-17.

"I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious - maybe worried is not the right word".

Conte witnessed his team draw with Atletico Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday night to secure passage to the knockout rounds as group victor ahead of Roma. Last season I think the boss would never have trusted me to play in a 3-4-3 every game and I think he does now.

"I wasn't part of his initial plans". I was frustrated because of this situation and tried to say again. I am learning a lot under him and I am very proud of that and happy.

Fabregas, 30, is contracted until mid-2019 at Chelsea, the club he joined from Barcelona in June 2014. "Especially how I play, the position, you can go for many more years, I can tell you many cases", Fabregas said.

"That means he has seen something improving in me every day in training and during the games".

"But I have apologised because I did the wrong thing".

He said: 'I also want the referee to learn something, for me, Swansea was wasting time.

Related News: