Kid Rock responds to protests against his concerts

Kid Rock responds to protests against his concerts

He called the protests a ploy by the "extreme left" and declared himself "the bona fide KING OF DETROIT LOVE".

After having a go at "people, businesses and charities" that he previously supported in the Detroit community who are not supporting him back, he ends his rant with: "P.P.P.P.P.S".

Richie has created rampant speculation about a possible run for the United States Senate ever since he said kidrockforsenate.com was real and he was gearing up for a "major announcement".

Stephen Henderson of Detroit Free Press called the decision to have Rock perform at the new stadium a "middle finger" to Detroiters, pointing out that the city is 80% black and that Rock's behavior could be considered an affront to the African American culture.

As a staunch supporter of President Trump, the rock star seems to be following in his footsteps - running as a politically incorrect, no-nonsense Republican celebrity.

Rock's publicist says that after the first song at Tuesday's show "he will be giving his fans exclusive insight on his political views and aspirations for MI while on stage". The performer began using Confederate flags during concerts in 2001 but stopped the practice a decade later after receiving a NAACP Great Expectations Award. However, this summer the video for "Po Dunk" came out, featuring a pregnant woman wearing a t-shirt with the Confederate flag.

In a Facebook note published on Monday, Rock addressed the non-violent protests planned for his performance at Detroit's new sports stadium, the Little Caesars Arena, on Tuesday.

He wrote, "Pretty amusing how scared I have them all and their only agenda is to try and label people / me racist who do not agree or cower to them!"

His representation reiterated to Vanity Fair, "The "KidRockSenator" Twitter account is NOT affiliated with Kid Rock".

Last week at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new arena, Chris Ilitch, president, and CEO of Ilitch Holdings gave a tepid response to the controversial headliner.

A week prior to Illitch's statement, it had been announced that Kid Rock wasn't just opening the stadium with six shows, but that he'd be a permanent fixture there.

Last week, Mayor Mike Duggan weighed in, saying, "He's an entertainer".

After addressing "ghetto glorifiers and gangster wannabes" and stating his intention to "lock up all you fuckin' assholes and throw away the key", Kid Rock then addressed the idea that he may be racist.

Sunday evening, Kid Rock's public relations firm sent an email to reporters announcing the singer would be releasing a statement on "recent controversies" on his Facebook page at 12 a.m. EST Sept. 11, 2017.

Related News: