Third Woman Alleges Roman Polanski 'Sexually Victimized' Her as a Minor

Third Woman Alleges Roman Polanski 'Sexually Victimized' Her as a Minor

On Tuesday, a third woman came forward to say that she was "sexually victimized" as a minor by director Roman Polanski.

Actress Charlotte Lewis also claimed she had been sexually abused by Polanski at the age of 16 in the early 1980s, but she did not file charges.

Attorney Gloria Allred is representing the woman, who is identified exclusively as "Robin", Variety reports.

Appearing in a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred in Los Angeles on Tuesday afternoon, Robin said that the was "sexually victimized" by the Chinatown director in 1973.

"The day after it happened, I did tell one friend Mr. Polanski had done that to me", Robin read a statement. In recent months he has tried to make a deal with a Los Angeles judge that he will return to the United States to face his fugitive warrant if he is guaranteed to avoid further jail time, asked to be sentenced in absentia, and asked the District Attorney to dismiss the case altogether.

Polanski, 76, has been the subject of an worldwide extradition battle since he was arrested in Switzerland in September on a US fugitive warrant.

59, wouldn't give her full name or many details of her accusation, but said she was coming forward now, after 44 years of silence, because she was so "infuriated" by Samantha Geimer, Polanski's long-ago teen victim, who has publicly supported Polanski's long legal battle to get his case resolved.

Allred told reporters it's understandable that Geimer would want the case to end after four decades.

As we've reported. Polanski had sex with Geimer when she was 13 in 1977. but she's since said what's happening to Polanski is outrageous because if she's over it. everyone else should be, too.

Allred said that Robin will not file a civil suit against Polanski.

Polanksi pleaded guilty to the rape in 1979 abut immediately fled the country before sentencing. She has since informed authorities of her allegations, Allred said. "Why have a news conference?.The only goal is to generate publicity and maybe try to influence a judge".

The director, writer and producer, who won an Oscar in 2002 for "The Pianist", fled to his native France in 1978 before his sentencing and still lives in Europe. In June, Geimer urged Gordon to resolve the case.

"If Mr. Polanski chooses to withdraw his plea and seek a trial at which a jury or the court would decide if he should be convicted of any of the charges on which he was indicted, it is possible ... for other accusers who allege that they were also sexually victimized by Mr. Polanski to be called to testify", Allred said.

Allred continued by saying that no exception should be made in the court system for a Hollywood film director. "I am speaking out now so that Samantha and the world will know she is not the only minor Roman Polanski victimized".

Today, Robin said this angered her. I understood much worse things happened to people.

Related News: