George Woman Killed on Alaskan Cruise

Kristy Manzanares

"Kristy's life was taken from her while on a cruise in Alaska.
Please help the family with expenses and to help her 3 lovely children". Her husband has been charged with murder. "She is the light of our lives - a devoted mother, daughter, sister and friend".

The FBI said a man and other people went into the couple's room on the ship before medical workers and security officers arrived and saw Kristy on the floor covered in blood, according to court documents.

Kristy Manzanares, 39, was found dead inside her cabin on an Alaska-bound Emerald Princess cruise after an alleged domestic dispute.

A man on the ship told authorities when he asked Kenneth Manzanares what had happened, he replied, "She would not stop laughing at me", according to an Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal complaint.

Kenneth reportedly was dragging his wife's body to a balcony in their room when an acquaintance entered and stopped him. The name of the man was not included in the complaint. While he was being processed by the FBI, Kenneth allegedly said, "My life is over".

"My life is over", Kenneth Manzanares is quoted as saying as he initially was interviewed.

"Some of the people that were in the murder mystery thought they were just playing a hoax on them with all the emergency calls", said Tom Stites, a passenger aboard the 3,500-passenger Emerald Princess.

"Whoever was talking was pretty scared because their voice was shaking", one passenger, Ruby Plata, told CBS News. Nichols told Gephardt Daily she is a longtime friend of the St. George area family, and has children close in age to the Manzanares girls. "It became apparent last night that something serious had happened, but we didn't know how serious". He appeared in court Thursday via video chat from Juneau, where he remained behind bars.

Manzanares dabbed at his eyes and nose with tissues. He had his ankles shackled and was wearing slip-on shoes.

Kenneth was appointed a public defender after his arrest. Bail had not yet been set, but a preliminary hearing was scheduled for August 10. McCoy approved change of venue from Anchorage to Juneau for further proceedings.

The ship set off from Seattle on Sunday on a week-long trip but was diverted to Juneau, Alaska, where it docked as a result of the incident, CBS News reports.

The ship was diverted to Juneau because of the investigation, which the FBI is leading because the death occurred in US waters.

Related News: