Teen arrested after London acid attacks

London men on moped acid attacks Hackney four locations eighteen minutes

In June, an acid attack left two Muslim cousins seriously injured in east London. "His injuries are not being treated as life threatening or life changing", the police said.

London's Metropolitan Police said the 16-year-old, who can not be named because of his age, faces 15 charges, including grievous bodily harm.

A man was charged earlier this week after handing himself into police.

At 11.18pm, the police received a call to a similar incident, a robbery in Cazenove Road, where a corrosive substance had been thrown.

The attackers threw corrosive substances in people's faces in Stoke Newington and Hackney, police said.

Each of the incidents involved two men on a moped spraying a corrosive substance into the victims' faces, according to the Metropolitan Police.

Sarah Cobbold who was a witness said on Twitter:"Police and ambulances on Hackney/Queensbridge Road, possible acid/petrol attack".

"I look back, I look left, and I saw two boys on the moped".

Inquiries are ongoing and officers from Hackney CID are investigating.

The British Government under the PM Mrs.May, is set to launch a review on tougher sentencing for perpetrators of acid attacks after Home Secretary Amber Rudd said those found guilty should "feel the full force of the law". The two suspects pulled up alongside another man on a moped, sprayed liquid in his face, then stole his bike.

It comes as a teenager is arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and robbery. Both suspects are now being held at a north London police station. Police said the theft of mopeds may have been the motive behind some of the incidents.

Police in the United Kingdom have confirmed two people have been arrested following a string of acid attacks across London on Thursday night. In London alone, there were 431 cases of attacks with corrosive fluids last year, compared with between 162 and 261 cases in each of the previous five years.

"These are ugly offenses and must have been very frightening for all of the victims", Chief Inspector Ben Clark said.

'These are disgusting offences and must have been very frightening for all of the victims.

A female passer-by stopped to help Mr Hussain, who was taken to an east London hospital. A third victim was hit soon afterward in another area of London, suffering non-life-threatening injuries.

The final assault was reported at 11.37pm, when another man was confronted as he sat on his moped in traffic.

Related News: