Malayalam actress assault case: Actor Dileep's bail plea rejected

Dileep Kavya Nadhirshah

Dileep allegedly has two phones and if the permission comes through, police will get valuable information that will go as evidence against the actor.

Noting the campaign being launched on social media hailing the actor, Special prosecutor A Sureshan added that these campaigns will set a wrong example if the release was secured. Dileep is accused of hiring goons on "quotation" basis to assault the actress over alleged personal rivalry.

Dileep's manager and a lawyer-who are also suspected to have links with the key accused in the case, "Pulsar" Suni. The court asked the prosecution to prepare an inventory of the cellphones.

Lawyers from the prosecution team also told the media that at a time when the police was on the lookout for Dileep's driver, Appunni, who is absconding, giving Dileep bail would jeopardise the case.

Dileep's advocate claimed that the actor was being framed in the case.

The police stumbled upon the conspiracy angle last week, when Dileep's name surfaced in a jail inmate's letter, who shared the cell with Sunil. Meanwhile, the police carried out searches at Dileep's residence. Sources said he would move the High Court on Monday, though a final decision was not taken.

In another crucial development in the Kochi actress attack case, the police have reportedly gathered more evidence against actor Dileep, who has been accused of conspiracy in the case. A leading actress was abducted by a gang in a pre-planned strike on the night of February 17 when she was heading for Kochi from Thrissur in a auto.

Six persons, including "Pulsar" Suni, have been arrested in connection with the incident. The Malayalam superstar will now remain in custody until July 25.

Now, the actress has come forward expressing willingness to record her statement.

Related News: