Police 'stop sharing Manchester bomb intelligence' after series of leaks

Police 'stop sharing Manchester bomb intelligence' after series of leaks

"The London O2 shows this week have been cancelled as well as all shows through June 5 in Switzerland".

"Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together". The other three countries in the agreement are Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. They labelled their initiative "A City United".The bombing, targeting as it did children and teenagers, has caused revulsion across the world.British media have reported that one of the eight people under arrest is Abedi's brother but police have not confirmed that. He also denied his son had spent time in Syria or fought with the Islamic State group, which claimed responsibility for the concert bombing.

Suicide bomber Abedi was born in Britain to a Libyan family, grew up in Manchester's southern suburbs and once attended Salford University there.

He had been under surveillance since he left Britain in mid-April and had remained in constant contact with Salman Abedi, it said. His father, Ramadan, and another brother, 18-year-old Hashim, were detained a day later by Libyan authorities in Tripoli, where they now live.

The row comes as British police stepped up their investigation into a suspected network behind Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old British-born man with Libyan parents who blew himself up on Monday night at the Manchester Arena indoor venue after a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande. Asked if the United States authorities had compromised the investigation, she said: "I wouldn't go that far". Downing Street said it was expected to take place at around 9 a.m.

"He was giving farewell", bin Salem said.

France, which has repeatedly been hit by devastating militant attacks since 2015, extended emergency powers after the Manchester bombing.

A relative of the man suspected in the deadly Manchester concert attack says he was driven to extremism after seeing a friend fatally stabbed previous year. The suspect was in transit only in the security area, Dusseldorf police said.

British Prime Minster Theresa May will demand that intelligence "remain secure" after authorities investigating the Manchester bombing became "outraged" that intelligence was leaked to the media, BBC reports.

But Mohammed Fadl, a spokesman for Manchester's close-knit Libyan community who knew Abedi's family, said that Abedi appeared "normal" and he was not aware of any alarm bells sounding about him. The acting USA ambassador to Britain, Lewis Lukens, called the leaks "reprehensible" and "deeply distressing" in an interview on BBC radio. Muslims have also been victims of terrorist attacks themselves. The victims ranged from an eight-year-old schoolgirl to parents who had come to pick up their children.

In the wake of the attack, Britain has raised its terror alert level to maximum for fear of an imminent new terror strike.

In practice, this will see armed military forces at important sites and key locations, as well as at events such as concerts and sports matches.

While Trump's predecessor Barack Obama had prioritised relations with other European nations such as Germany, the run-ins that the Trump administration had had with some on the continent seemed to provide the ideal opportunity for Britain to reinstate itself as one of Trump's leading partners on the worldwide scene.

May and her upcoming opponent Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the opposition Labour Party, have since chose to suspend campaigning for the June 8 election until further notice.

Officials said all the dead and wounded had been identified.

On Wednesday afternoon, Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said the level of activity in the probe is "intense" and continuing "at pace". They said they would formally name the victims after forensic post-mortems, which would take four or five days.

A total of 64 people are being treated in hospital, including 20 in critical care, medical officials said.

Interior minister Amber Rudd said the bomber had recently returned from Libya.

Reuters was unable to independently verify the links to Islamic State or Syria. The New York Times later published detailed photographs of the suspected remnants of the bomb.

Related News: