British bomber said to have pleaded 'Forgive me' before blast

British bomber said to have pleaded 'Forgive me' before blast

Thursday morning Greater Manchester British Police sent out a tweet saying officers were responding to an incident on Linby Street in the Hulme area of Manchester.

The Islamic State claimed responsibility, and Rudd suggested he did not work alone.

The name of the bomber, Salman Abedi (22), the Manchester-born son of Libyan descent, was reported by American television networks CBS and NBC on Tuesday before the United Kingdom authorities had agreed to release his identity.

"It's like your own family just passed away, it's just so, so sad", 69-year-old Carmel McLaughlan told AFP, standing next to the sea of flowers filling the square. Officials said 64 people remained hospitalized, including 20 who were critically injured.

The prime minister went out of her way to stress that the armed troops will be under the direct command of the police.

Some 75 people are still being treated in hospital, including 23 in critical condition, medical officials said.

US President Donald Trump today took up with alacrity a complaint by Britain about leaks of information on the Manchester bombing, wading into a controversy involving The New York Times that has been tormenting the White House with reports on other issues.

British police chiefs said the ongoing leaks are "undermining" their investigations and the UK's relations with U.S. security agencies as well as the confidence of terror victims. The British government is investigating the source of the leaks. "If appropriate, the culprit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law". Britain's intelligence links with the USA are among the closest in the world, and information is routinely shared by security and intelligence agencies as part of the special relationship between the transatlantic allies.

University dropout Abedi, 22, grew up in a Libyan family that reportedly fled to Manchester to escape the now-fallen regime of Libyan dictator Moamer Kadhafi. They include Abedi's father, Ramadan, and younger brother, Hashem, in Libya.

Speaking on Wednesday from the Libyan city of Tripoli, the father of the alleged Manchester attacker denied that his son was linked to militants or to the deadly bombing. Now, he is the administrative manager of the Central Security force in Tripoli.

"The level of activity in this investigation is intense and is continuing at a fast pace", he said. "He saw the explosives America drops on children in Syria, and he wanted revenge", she said. It said the database was built around a longstanding US-British system.

British counterterrorism officials confirmed Thursday that they have resumed intelligence with the US after receiving "fresh assurances" that it would not be leaked.

He said he did not report Abedi because the row in the library was the only incident that he had been concerned about.

In fact, Hopkins revealed, four people already have been arrested in connection to the bombing.

Residents were later allowed to return.

With Britain's terrorism threat level at "critical", meaning a new attack may be imminent, police are racing to uncover the network around bomber Salman Abedi.

"Armed police officers responsible for duties such as guarding key sites will be replaced by members of the armed forces. You might also see military personnel deployed at certain events, such as concerts and sports matches".

The leak was seen in Britain as doubly insensitive, because the families of the victims could now learn, in agonizing detail, about the manner in which their loved ones had died on Monday night.

Britain also has a national election coming up on June 8.

Related News: