Hellboy Creator Announces R-Rated Film Reboot, Sans Guillermo Del Toro

Hellboy Creator Announces R-Rated Film Reboot, Sans Guillermo Del Toro

Mike Mignola, who created the original reboot-with-neil-marshall-and.html">Hellboy comic, broke the news about Marshall and Harbour on Monday evening (May 8) on his Facebook page, adding that the new installment will be an "R-rated reboot".

Mignola created Hellboy in 1993 and later adapted his beloved comics and graphic novels for the screen for Del Toro's live-action films starring Ron Perlman as the huge red, cigar-smoking beast with an oversized red hand made entirely of stone.

Big red is coming back to the big screen in a planned R-rated reboot of the Hellboy series.

Earlier this year, Guillermo del Toro took to the web and told fans that, despite years of trying, he would never be making Hellboy 3. Mike Mignola, the creator of the popular supernatural superhero, has revealed that there will be another movie after all... and Guillermo Del Toro and Ron Perlman won't be involved. The new actor playing Hellboy is an exciting choice as well. The show became a surprise hit in July previous year, and a second series will be released this Halloween. The director said in a tweet "Must report that 100% the sequel will not happen". Ron Perlman played the title character in Hellboy (2008) and in Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008).

"Stranger Things" star David Harbour is now being targeted to play Hellboy. It certainly appears Mignola has opened the door del Toro meant to keep closed.

On writing duties are Hellboy creator #MikeMignola himself, in addition to acclaimed writers Andrew Cosby and Christopher Golden. If things go according to plan, Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin will serve as producers. We shall see what he can bring to the role that is unique and perhaps even done better than before. As of now, there's no official release date for the third movie.

Fortunately, the new director is no stranger to horror.

Related News: